Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunshine Muffins

These are from "The Best of The Best" (Best of Bridge Series). If you don't own this cookbook - go and get it now! 1 orange 1/2 cup orange juice 1 egg 1/4 cup oil 1 1/2 cups flour 3/4 sugar 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp salt 1/2 cup craisins 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I haven't tried this yet) Cut orange into 8 pieces. Put cut up orange (that's right - the WHOLE orange), orange juice, egg, and oil in blender (my food processor works great too). Blend until smooth. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend. Add craisins and nuts. Blend just until mixed. Pour mixture into muffin tins and bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes. Makes 16 medium muffins. Note: So, I'm not sure if muffins are just that different from cupcake, but these suckers don't rise for me. I think I would suggest filling your muffin cup up or else don't set your timer past 15 minutes b/c that's all mine seem to need. I'm not adding a picture b/c frankly, they taste better than they look. Enjoy. Keel - will you email me your honey rhubarb muffins and I'll put them on here? Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. CRAP Sorry everybody. I had this nicely formatted when I was in blogger. Not sure why its all smooshy smooshed together. Jeepers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.grouprecipes.com/116616/honey---rhubarb-muffins.html

    there you go...how's that for lazy :) if you go to my blog I have a page called muffins there which I've fixed. It now has links to 3 of my fave muffin recipes. the ginger pear one is delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make these with these with the Christmas oranges that have stayed on the counter just a bit too long.

    ReplyDelete