Sunday, June 24, 2012

Paint Booth

So, I used the paint booth today. Ok ok, let's back up a titch.

First I broke the paint booth. Then Jason came home and fixed it, adding some reinforcing brackets. THEN I used the paint booth and the $10 sprayer he bought at Princess Auto. Took a little figuring out, but I think we got the hang of it. I painted the second end table (I hadn't painted that one yet b/c when I was painting the other one and the coffee table it was holding up the tv). I think it looks good except there are a few drips. I think I can learn to avoid that, I was just getting a little trigger happy and kept spraying and spraying. If I could learn to control myself and use just ONE coat at a time - shouldn't be a problem.

Mom, you are definitely going to wan to get Dad to build you one of these.

Future spray paint projects:
- Maddie's bedroom furniture (ivory white)
- our bedroom furniture (a colour, but I don't know what. I'm open to suggestions)
- some lamps (going to get those at the Warman Thrift store, or maybe my new Favy Fave - Rose's)
- the little teeny table I have in our entrance. It's pretty scratched so I think a coat of paint will just liven it right up.
- also hoping to help Emily paint some items for her Urban Oasis (aka Broadway Patio)

No comments:

Post a Comment