Maddie created this wrap completely on her own, all I did was provide a bigger scarf b/c her first attempt wasn't working (scarf was too small). This is baby Alyssa pictured here...but...we have exciting news. Alyssa has very recently turned 3! We are celebrating her birthday tomorrow with cupcakes and candles. I'll be sure to post some pictures.
With Alyssa's milestone birthday comes many physical changes: she now has beautiful blond curls, and she no longer needs a diaper.
WHAT?
ok - here's the real story. I tried to teach Maddie about saving money to buy something important. We started a chore list and she could earn money for certain jobs. Blah Blah Blah. That lasted two days, and then we had the (not so bright?) idea of counting her piggy bank. Only to discover she has collected over $90 in change. I say collected - hustled might be more appropriate. Anyway, the kid was loaded.
She really wanted to buy and "American Girl" doll (google it). Long version: these are very overpriced, fussy dolls with lots of over priced, ridiculous accessories. Short version: I would have LOVED one of these when I was little. Anyway, she had enough to pay for the doll, I chipped in for shipping. "Alyssa" arrived yesterday. Very Exciting Day.
The name? When we were waiting 8-12 business days for the doll to arrive I said "Maddie, you should pick a special name for your new doll". She gave me this 'are you for real' look and said "She already has a name - she is Alyssa". Alyssa is her current doll, Sarah, who has now grown up. Also, Alyssa is Keely's daughter and Maddie's hands down hero.
Sorry, long winded and rambly tonight. I drank coffee after supper so I would have enough energy to get my jobs done.
Result? I have enough energy to get my jobs done, BUT I STILL DONT WANT TO DO THEM.
sheesh.
Guess I'll go troll through pinterest.

babywearing - a girl after my own heart! love, love, love it. Alyssa has the same sling, only it's purple :)
ReplyDelete