Tuesday, July 12, 2011

This post comes courtesy of my friend Steph.  I'm sure you've seen her comments on here many times. Steph - thank you for solving this mystery!
And to my fellow Monarchists - ENJOY!
 
 
Jenn
 
So a while back you posted a blog entry about seeing the Queen and you pondered what she might have in her purse.  Since you asked the question it has always bothered me and now with all these pictures of Kate wondering around with a handbag I decided to get to the bottom of things.  I found this on askjeeves.com and since Jeeves is a rather British sounding name I figured he/she/it must know whats what so here you go:
 
Q

What Does The Queen Carry In Her Handbag?


Glad you asked...
She carries her glasses, a handkerchief, a makeup case (a gift from Philip), family photos, sometimes a cell phone and change for Sunday Church collections. She is even known to carry treats for the corgis in her bag. Her children and grandchildren gave her some good luck charms as gifts; she carries these in her bag as well. It is said that she uses her bag as a security article.
 
Another post that I couldn't get to mentioned that shifting the position of the purse was a signal to her security team.  Either that or she also has a taser in there as "a security article"!!
 
I don't know about you but I definately feel better now that that mystery has been solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment