Tuesday, July 12, 2011


A day with my cousins...

I have this gaggle of cousins that the older I get, the more I appreciate. Shelley, Serena, Britt and I spent a lot of Easters and Christmas holidays together growing up. I have so many memories of playing with them in my Grandma Hurst's house. Serena used to take us to the Chinese Restaurant. There seemed to be some sort of store attached? Is that right? There was a glass case (like in the old store display days) and the case was full of all kinds of treasures (e.g., likely cheap crap - but we LOVED to look at it).

Shelley and I used to sleep in the The Little Girls Room. This was a room decorated with rose wallpaper and a old metal bed painted white. It was my Uncle Jim's room when he was growing up. I loved the irony in that one. Sort of like Madge, after settling into her new bed from my brother "Mom, Uncle Britt slept in a Big Girl Bed??"







Me, Shelley, and Serena

I'm desperate to look like my family. Anyone see anything? One good thing: found out Shelley has an eye twitch too! When the going gets rough, so does her eye....just like me! Ahhh, it's nice to have family.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment