Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Craft Night at the Markosky's





These are actually additions to previous paintings. I was in a "gluing shit down" mood today.

I have discovered I am a "maker". I read that somewhere. Someone described herself as a "maker of things". I think that's what I am. I'm not necessarily very good at it, I have really no training (nor do I want any), I like to glue things, I like to sew things, paint them, un paint them, un sew them, basically take something and make something else. That's what I like. And I'm pretty much ADD about it b/c I do one thing for awhile and that's all I'll do and then I move on. You know, like Monet and them damn water lilies. That's all that guy could talk about. That's me and felt. And tonight it was all about glue, buttons, and ribbon. Loved it. We also worked on another project but I can't show that just yet. You'll have to wait.


All day long I have so many blog thoughts. I often think in "blog posts". Weird? True. I had such an inspiring session with a favorite little client this morning. All the way back to the office I wrote a post about that visit. Mostly I just wish people could see the kids I see and get to know them. I want to know them better. I think I don't even get to know them well enough some times. They are so amazing. They work so hard for everything. You could think that everything is a struggle. A struggle to play, a struggle to talk, a struggle to think. But with some of my kids it doesn't seem like a struggle, just a challenge. Just who they are even. I love it when they are funny and smart and they get it. It's those kids that make me feel like I'm just damn lucky to be in the right place at the right time. I have 2,3, no 4 kids right now who do that for me. It's so cool to see what they can do. They amaze me so much. Today, my friend E.M. kicked ass at picture exchange. He just gets it. He was on fire today - I think we worked 40 minutes solid on exchange, choosing from 6 pictures. He even used a new word today during all of that. Independently 4 times. E.M. used to be "non verbal". This is a big deal. I was so happy I could have cried. Three years ago I probably would have. The best part was when he looked at me and laughed because he was having so much fun. Today I liked my job. Right now I really love what I do and I'm so lucky.

good night everyone.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. You have a gift, Jenn. It's the ability to see potential. Whether it be in the crafts you make, the furniture you give new life to or the children you work with. You see what they are and the greatness they can become!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me. I'm lucky to call you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it the best when you enjoy what you do. It sure makes getting out of bed a little easier in the morning.

    ReplyDelete