Wednesday: Last full day in SF
We thought we had a little time to kill before our Park Loop tour so we went into Macy's. Ended up eating in the food court (ha! what an understatement). They have wine and sushi happy hour from 4-8 - what food court do you know with that? We ate at the Wolfgang Puck Express. Here you could choose sandwiches, pasta, salads or pizza. I knew it was going to be the greatest pizza of my life with the guy started hand rolling the dough. Then added the toppings and put it in this OVEN. How cool is that? And truly, it was the most wonderful pizza. I know I'll dream of this pizza for a long time to come.

And then it was time for our Park Loop Tour. This tour took us to Golden Gate Park and back. We had wanted to check out the science museum there, but apparently today they had free admission. I can't believe the line up. Long. Long doesn't even describe it. I bet people waited hours to get in. Not worth it for us. So we toured the park by bus. We were too damn cold to get off the bus, although moving around on the ground likely would have warmed us up. The tour also took us past Alamo Square so that we could see the Painted Ladies (see below). We went down Haight St as well. Probably would have been a bit more eye opening had we ventured off the bus, but the bus didn't seem to be stopping so we just stayed on.
We thought we had a little time to kill before our Park Loop tour so we went into Macy's. Ended up eating in the food court (ha! what an understatement). They have wine and sushi happy hour from 4-8 - what food court do you know with that? We ate at the Wolfgang Puck Express. Here you could choose sandwiches, pasta, salads or pizza. I knew it was going to be the greatest pizza of my life with the guy started hand rolling the dough. Then added the toppings and put it in this OVEN. How cool is that? And truly, it was the most wonderful pizza. I know I'll dream of this pizza for a long time to come.
And then it was time for our Park Loop Tour. This tour took us to Golden Gate Park and back. We had wanted to check out the science museum there, but apparently today they had free admission. I can't believe the line up. Long. Long doesn't even describe it. I bet people waited hours to get in. Not worth it for us. So we toured the park by bus. We were too damn cold to get off the bus, although moving around on the ground likely would have warmed us up. The tour also took us past Alamo Square so that we could see the Painted Ladies (see below). We went down Haight St as well. Probably would have been a bit more eye opening had we ventured off the bus, but the bus didn't seem to be stopping so we just stayed on.
A Painted Lady is any Victorian that has at least 5 colours. Victorians were built up until 1901 I think (or whenever Queen Victoria died). After that the houses are less ornate and are called Edwardian. Another difference is that Victorians were built for a single family and Edwardians were multi family homes. These homes here are generally the ones that people think of when they say "the Painted Ladies". And of course, what could be more perfect than a beagle in the bottom right corner (50 pts if you spotted it before I said that).
That was the second beagle we've seen so far. Apparently there are more dogs than kids in this city. This must be why there are so many stores with t-shirts that say things like: "Dogs are the new kids".
And now I'm blogging in the mezzanine, up above the lobby. No one is up here but me and it's warmer than the main lobby b/c the doors are always open down there. I am sitting in a blue chair kitty corner to the one you see here. This picture was taken just moments ago from my chair. Can you believe the view? These pictures really don't come close. Again, I wish Chris was here to document my holiday. This hotel is so beautiful, it's just amazing. It's really how I was meant to live. And have I talked about the coffee yet? This is how I should start every day... with a handsome Mexican man named Javier pouring my coffee as I gaze around me at all the beautiful architecture. I haven't talked to Jason about it yet, but I'm pretty sure he's going to put on a long white apron Friday morning and I'll call him "Hah-ssahn" (that would be the Spanish form of Jason in case you missed it) as he pours me coffee...
And there will be unicorns and rainbows....

have you woken up from your dream yet??
ReplyDeleteI got the 50 pts!!!
ReplyDeleteI was trying to figure out how the mexican guy suddenly became middle-eastern but I guess we all have a kinky fantasy right?
ReplyDelete