Chinatown
We kept hearing that this was the biggest (or one of the biggest, depending on the guide) Chinatown in the US and I was determined to check it out. Jason, soul mate that he is, humoured me. It honestly wasn't quite what I was expecting, but I have a feeling if we would have ventured down one of the side streets we might have seen a few more unusual things. As it was we seemed to be in the "trinket" section and it was just a lot of the same thing over and over. I was able to buy a cheap little fake jade elephant which I love. We also found some red Chinese slippers for Maddie.
We kept hearing that this was the biggest (or one of the biggest, depending on the guide) Chinatown in the US and I was determined to check it out. Jason, soul mate that he is, humoured me. It honestly wasn't quite what I was expecting, but I have a feeling if we would have ventured down one of the side streets we might have seen a few more unusual things. As it was we seemed to be in the "trinket" section and it was just a lot of the same thing over and over. I was able to buy a cheap little fake jade elephant which I love. We also found some red Chinese slippers for Maddie.

Yeah I went to Chinatown once and felt the same, although there was no brush with fame for me! Can't wait to see Maddie model those slippers
ReplyDelete