I would just like to say I am so lucky to have the following people in my life:
Jason - b/c he literally loves me no matter what (that's a pretty tall order some days). He can also always make me laugh, and I never doubt who I am when I am with him.
Maddie: she is smart, funny, and beautiful. She is a gift.
My Parents: for a million reasons, but most recently for house sitting for us and cleaning every single inch of our house. I am still finding things they cleaned/fixed/replaced
Jason's Parents: for always making me feel like a part of their family
Lisa - for being the world's greatest sister. She is always (always) there to say "yes, I'll help you with that". I honestly don't know how people live without a sister like Lisa in their life.
Now here is where the rest of you are thinking, c'mon Jenn what about me?
Well, I should really just make a list of the people I'm glad are NOT in my life b/c I think that would be shorter and much easier. (For example, Mark Wahlberg - b/c if he were in my life, well things would just get awkward, wouldn't they. I mean, I'd hate to have to break the guys heart, know what I mean?)
I will say this to all you Blog Interwebs: I don't know why you do it, but thank you for reading this silly thing and always encouraging me. It's a ridiculous ego centric form of expression but in a weird way it seems like a safe mode to send out the good, the bad, the ugly.
I dare you all to go and make your own little list of the 5 people in your life who have influenced you the most. And the 5 people you are most grateful for. Same list? I don't know.

The people I am most grateful for:
ReplyDeleteMy parents: holy shit they keep me going and I have no idea what I'm going to do when they are gone.
My sister: she's always got my back, and she knows me from forever
My kids: they are the light in my life and my reason for being. without them my heart and soul would be bereft
My friends: Kathy and Jenn, life would be so lonely without them.
Besides those above some people who have influenced me:
Ms Dyck who taught me that its cool to be different and smart and single
Erica from work who has taught me to always give people the benefit of the doubt
Everyone I have ever gotten to know. Each of them has influenced me in some small way and changed me forever.