Monday, January 14, 2013

Disney: Day 1

Our first day at Disney and of course we headed to the Magic Kingdom. Slow picked us up at the hotel and drove us there, then helped us get settled in. He showed us how to get around using the monorail and about a million other tips but frankly I was so excited/overwhelmed I'm afraid I missed most of them.

I did manage to buy a $10 balloon within 15 minutes of entering the park. Rookie mistake. Spent the rest of the day having that damn balloon smack me in the face. Sigh.

January is SO the time to go - no one else is here. Sunday night we didn't wait in a single line up. Our first ride was with Slow and his family - they took us to the Buzz Lightyear ride. Fun. And then POOF they were gone. We thought they were staying the night and spending the day with us on Monday, but that wasn't their plan. They literally drove down just to get us settled and then headed back home after an hour or so. What an amazing family. We sure missed them when they left.







No comments:

Post a Comment