Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Snow Day!

We are having a snow day out here in Warman.  This is good news for you b/c I'm pretty sure I'm going to blog blog blog today...

Current conditions:  I can hardly see across the street.  If we had a tree, I'm sure it would be bent over.  "Travel not recommended" for our highway so I'm ....

WHAT?  the buses in Warman are running? For real? I just saw three kids slog past my front window.  People, really?  Well, the Markoskys are not going to be leaving the house.  Although Morgan was trying to convince me that I should take Madge outside to play today?  Really?  Maybe we could play Little House on the Prairie and tie a rope from the barn to the house so we can find our way back from chores.....

Update:  can't see across the street.  At. All.  B/c of the snow. 

I did get ready for work today, so I actually have the best hair and make up for a Stay Home Day.  Lucky Jason and Madge...


So, here's some pictures from quite a while ago.  The first one is the Valentines I made for Maddie.  Might just be the first and last time I make valentines.  Looked super fun and easy on Pinterest.  Novelty wore off for both of us about half way through.  They are paper hearts filled with candy.  When kids opened them they were "heart breakers".  Get it?  BAHAHAHAHAHA




Then yesterday, I went to get the mail and there was a package.  From Calgary.  WHAT?  Who?  Why?  It wasn't until I opened it that I remembered a facebook challenge I signed up for in January some time.  The idea is to send a handmade/homemade item to five people before the end of the year.  I think my five people are Steph, Colleen, Keely, Elayne, and Lara (but I can't really remember so if there is someone else - please let me know).  I'm not sure if I'm supposed to send one to my cousin Anne in England, but I am hoping that I do (Keely knows I seem to have some kind of postal allergy...)

Anyhoodle - here is the super fun package.  THANK YOU Elayne.  I love that you wrapped it up.  Nice touch.  I will do that for my people.




ok, and then I think I have just one more thing.  Ummmm, what was it?  Oh yeah - are you ready for this? 

CHOCOLATE CAKE IN A MUG!  For. Real. from scratch.

takes about 3-5 minutes to mix up all the ingredients, then you just pop it in the microwave for 3 minutes and voila.  A delicious chocolate cake.  It's on the heavy side, more of brownie really.  Definitely serves two. I think it would be really good with a hot sticky toffee sauce.   Found it in a fabulous Girl Guide cookbook Mom gave me. 

Want the recipe? You know you do.







Oh and while I'm at it, here's some cute pictures of Georgia and Maddie - we met them at the mall on Sunday at the indoor playground.  FYI, Georgia will be 3 in a couple of weeks, not 5.   Oh, and Madge has learned how to zip Her Very Own Coat.  She is generalizing this skill to anyone who will sit still long enough. 

I tried to take a picture of the snow, but frankly the picture makes it look like I'm a big wimp and I swear to you the highway hotline says "travel not recommended".  I also cannot actually see my neighbors.  You will just have to take my word for it.


1 comment:

  1. I'm with you Jenn. There was a very light dusting of snow on our lawn this morning and i considered calling work to tell them I couldn't make it. What I would do is get maddie all dressed up and send her out in the back yard. There's a fence, she can't get that lost!

    ReplyDelete