Monday, February 27, 2012

The friendly skies?

I actually don't even know what this post is about. Lara is spending quite a few nights awake and she's looking for something to read.  I bet Keely is likely in the same boat.  That's what happens when you have a newborn.  You are awake when NO ONE ELSE is up.  It is hands down the hardest part of having a teeny tiny baby.  That middle of the night pity party.  I'm not saying these two are having pity parties, but I sure as hell did.

I can remember waking up and finding myself changing her diaper.  Or feeding her. Weird.  During one super crazy long night Jason installed The Daddy Chair. He brought a chair in and squished it right beside the rocking chair. I honestly don't think I realized how amazing that was until just now.  He was saying, "you don't have to do this all by yourself".  Trouble is, no matter how many different ways he said it, I didn't believe him.  I thought I did have to do it.  All. By. My. Self.  And that's when it got shitty.  And I thought about running away.  And one day I did run away. I got as far as High River.  Then I turned around and came home.  And Jason kept telling me I didn't have to do it all. He kept telling me I had a partner.  And eventually I heard him. And then it started to get better.  Phew-fers.

As with every time in my life, Jason saved me. (and he's probably all "Jenn, quit telling people this shit). 

ok, so now we know what the post is about.  Good ol' run of the mill, post partum party times.  Fun stuff.


Ok. Well thaaaat was deep, kids.  Jeepers.





Here's some pics of the star of our show to lighten the mood....

This is what I saw in grade nine.


 
Maddie took this picture.  I shit you not.






Just some couch time with The Beags.

2 comments:

  1. Honestly helps all new (and not so new) moms! Thanks Jenn. And your caption of Jason's pic made me think of that bare naked ladies song with the line "this is me in grade nine baby"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember him having so much facial hair in grade nine! I ran away one day too. I t was about a year ago now. It was the first time I had a melt down and honestly didn't want to go back. So I headed to the health food store and picked up two months supply of SAM-e. Turns out I really needed it. Honestly this simple supplement turned my life around. I feel it now that I am pregnant and can't take it anymore but it is so reasurring to know it is there if I ever need it again. Also I have learned to take advantage of the sleepless nights Aaron's bipolar presents to shut off and let him take of things. Glad you came home Jenn, your family is amazing and so are you.

    ReplyDelete