Jason made me my very own foot stool! (Thank you) He used some spare pieces of MDF to make a frame. Maddie and I scampered off to Fabricland to buy the cushion and fabric (from the clearance section of course). Maddie managed to find the same fabric as the chair, but in green. Funny story - I found the chair fabric for $2 (TWO BUCKS for 2 metres) at the thrift store in Warman. It was about $16 a metre at the fabric store. The pricey bit was the cushion - why is foam so damn expensive? But in the end, the total for the solid wood chair and sturdy-as-hell foot stool is less than $100. Pretty good. In the summer I will spray paint that chair a nice cozy cream colour. It's now my favorite spot for felting. I just need a "new" goose neck lamp. The one I have is lih'rah'lee on its last legs. Oh and the box? Well, this is cool too. It's made from cupboard doors from somebody's house long ago (who, Mom?) Now it stores all of my felty felt supplies. Perfecto Felty Station!
No comments:
Post a Comment