Monday, January 02, 2012

Christmas in Flin Flon

Whoa.  I have been off the grid for a while now.  Jeepers.  Sigh. Where to begin? That's the trouble with falling behind, gets hard to catch up.

We went to Flin Flon for Christmas, so I'll start there I guess.

But first I will tell you that I just turned around and looked at Maddie and I need to share what I'm seeing.  Background:  I'm sitting in my office (you know, the closet in the spare room) and Maddie is quietly  muttering to herself and playing with some toys on the floor near me.  We have spent the day together - Jason had to go back to work but we had the day off.  Anyway, she's had several costume changes today.  Well fast forward to now:  Maddie is in a swimsuit and towel "cover up".  WHAT?  Are we swimming?  No.  It is warm in the house?  Not really (despite what Morgan will tell you).

Today's Outfit Tally:
- jammies:  four pairs
- skirt:  one
- pants and matching hoodie:  one
- pink sweater:  two
- swimsuit and cover up:  one







Best. Uncle. Ever.


Christmas Eve, just after we "fed the reindeer"

We have a Flin Flon tradition.  My cousin, Shelley, taught us this:  We make Reindeer Food (some oats, cereal, etc and glitter), then we go outside and sprinkle it on the lawn.  Christmas morning when we looked out the window we could see sleigh tracks and reindeer footprints.  I'm not making this up, people. 


I put a bird (or three) on my mom's tree.  It's totally hipster now.  Flin Flon is pretty much the new Portlandia.

Snack, and a note for Santa.


"I totally new he was here!!" Maddie's reaction when she saw the crumbs left on the plate in the morning. 

Seriously,  how did we live before tablets?  No, really, how did we?  Why the toque?  B/c the headphones are too big.

Madge set up a little salon and clothing store.  Dog grooming is extra.





What did I tell you? Best freakin Uncle ever. Who else would wear a damn paper crown?  (oh wait, we were ALL wearing the crowns...)

2 comments:

  1. Love your pics, Jenn! Remember the paper crowns we used to wear at our Grandma's when we were young? Nice to see that Maddie is enjoying that same tradition at her Grandma's. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it! Looks like an awesome time :) It was great to catch up over the holidays, even if it was "only" you and it was a short time. Can't wait until next Xmas to put my birds on the tree!xx

    ReplyDelete