So, let me tell you a little bit about The Birthday Party.
We had the party yesterday in Saskatoon. Maddie really wanted to have her Kindy friends there but I really didn't want to have to entertain 5 sets of parents as well as kids. We wanted the ol' "Drop and Go" party approach. Can't really do that in Warman, they either wouldn't have come at all, or the parents would have stayed. (Not that they're aren't LOVELY people, that's not what I mean - just wanted the kid:adult ratio to be more kid than grown up)
So, where to have it? Lara saved the day and asked her mom Darcy J____ P.I. (her names seems like someone from a detective novel, so I've added the P.I. She likes it) to lend us the party room in her condo which is two blocks from Madge's school. What could be more perfect?
So we invited Jackson, Mackenzie, Juliette, Georgia, and 5 kids from her class. We used the Daycare/Kindergarten class Venn Diagram for this one. Seemed to work. There were games (parachute, What time is it Mr Wolf, Simon Says, and the ol' not quite a classic: Pass the Mystery Bag and Pull Out a Prize So Everyone Wins) There was cake (a purse cake, thank you very much) and about a trillion cupcakes. And some veggies that believe it or not, people ate.
All in all, I think it was a really fun party. Can't wait to see Lisa's pictures. I'm sure she's going to post them any second now......
We had the party yesterday in Saskatoon. Maddie really wanted to have her Kindy friends there but I really didn't want to have to entertain 5 sets of parents as well as kids. We wanted the ol' "Drop and Go" party approach. Can't really do that in Warman, they either wouldn't have come at all, or the parents would have stayed. (Not that they're aren't LOVELY people, that's not what I mean - just wanted the kid:adult ratio to be more kid than grown up)
So, where to have it? Lara saved the day and asked her mom Darcy J____ P.I. (her names seems like someone from a detective novel, so I've added the P.I. She likes it) to lend us the party room in her condo which is two blocks from Madge's school. What could be more perfect?
So we invited Jackson, Mackenzie, Juliette, Georgia, and 5 kids from her class. We used the Daycare/Kindergarten class Venn Diagram for this one. Seemed to work. There were games (parachute, What time is it Mr Wolf, Simon Says, and the ol' not quite a classic: Pass the Mystery Bag and Pull Out a Prize So Everyone Wins) There was cake (a purse cake, thank you very much) and about a trillion cupcakes. And some veggies that believe it or not, people ate.
All in all, I think it was a really fun party. Can't wait to see Lisa's pictures. I'm sure she's going to post them any second now......
No comments:
Post a Comment