Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Madge

On this day, five years ago....

Madeleine Jane decided to join us and we were excited.  And then shell shocked.  And then exhausted.  And bewildered (two people to wash 6 lbs?) And terrified (...my milk "came in") And relieved ("..oh, THAT's how you feed her")


And that was all in the first three days. 

Well, five years in we both still find ourselves excited, shell shocked, exhausted, bewildered, terrified, and relieved at least once every 12 days.  But mostly I feel grateful and amazed.  How did we get such an intelligent, witty, and engaging little girl?  Not to mention - this kid is BEAUTIFUL. (it's my blog, I can say that).  She is just so wonderful and I can't believe I am lucky enough to be her Mom. 

So, I know what your thinking:

"Blah blah blah Jenn, you love your kid.  She's great.  Yeah we get it.  Where are the freaking pictures?"

Well, as I've said about eleventy billion times:  Lisa is the greatest sister in law ever and she is the world's greatest photographer.  She took ALL the pictures of Maddie's cake, party, and all the fun.  Now, while she is my personal lifestyle photographer, it has come to my attention that she does indeed have a life away from her camera and computer (what?).  Apparently she has a full time job, two children and a husband who also deserve her time  (who  knew?) This means we will all have to be a little teeny bit patient and wait for pictures.  mmmkay?


Or you can be like me and obsessively check her blog. 





Happy Birthday Madeleine Jane.  We love you so much.






1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Maddie!!! We hope you have a fantastic day and that all your wishes come true!

    xx Keely, Steve, Alyssa, Hayden and baby X

    ReplyDelete