Monday, September 22, 2014

Have you seen the Bee Movie?



Circa 2007? (that's PBP for Emily, but not you, Keel)


Well, if you're considering it, as you scroll through netflix, don't say I didn't warn you. 

But you'll say "Jenn, it has a star studded cast".  And it does.  I mean who doesn't love Jerry Seinfeld? And Chris Rock?  All great. 

But don't do it.  The inaccuracies are MADDENING. 

And yes, I can cope that the bees talk.  And wear clothes.  And use their cute little antennas like blue tooth head sets.  Sure.  No prob.

But do NOT, dear DreamWorks, try to convince me the bees who go out into the world, the bees who collect pollen, the bees who do all the work are MALES.  

Oh no you dih'nt.  

And Super Testosterone Hero Manly Bees at that.  With giggly swoony lowercase girlie bees batting eye lashes.  

I mean, puh-leeeze.  I basically threw up in my mouth a little bit.  And I may or may not have ranted to Maddie about sexism in movies and tv.  

But the worst part:  I don't know if I can trust Hollywood now.  I mean WHAT is real?  Is anything real?  Can I believe anything from 22 Jump Street?  Does this mean Ice Cube does not run an undercover police sting operation in universities? 








oh Jenko....is it all fake? 


1 comment: