Saturday, April 07, 2012

Rock Star Adventure

So, Rock Stars are pretty much like the Easter Bunny and Santa:  They tip toe into your  house while you are sleeping and when you wake up there are surprises everywhere.  In this case, there were Rock Stars sprinkled through our house.... We had two in the spare room, three in the basement, and two in the front yard (well, in a van in our front yard).

They arrived somewhere around 2:30.  We were all snug as bugs in our beds (just like when Santa and E Bunny arrive) so Aaron sent a text saying:   "I just walked in thru the front door.  Please don't shoot me."  I said "Ur in Canada.  Won't happen."

So Aaron, Madge and I had coffee and a visit this morning at 8 a.m. and slowly, one by one the Rock Stars emerged.  They are a really great bunch of guys.  Very friendly.  They loved the Beagles, well Mark did and that was enough for Sammy. She is Windowpane's biggest fan now.  Madge, on the other hand, was a bit surprised to hear they didn't play any Justin Bieber songs.




It was a lot of fun to have them stay with us and I would welcome them back anytime.  Except next time I would have a robe for the big guy.  Just sayin.  

 Windowpane:  Big Guy, Glenn (vocals guitar, used to fly), Kevmo (drums, from Kansas),  Aaron (cat herder, married to my oldest friend), Tony (guitar), Mark (bass, owns the van, from Maryland, Beagle Whisperer)
Nate (a teeny widdoe guy) slept in the van.  He seems a bit jaundice.

Oh, and last night Madge and I made Easter Chocolates.  Lots of fun and only a teeny bit messy.  Today, if the weather holds we are going to have a fire in the backyard and have a cookout supper.


It's a pretty fun weekend and it's only Saturday morning.  
I may need a nap.






1 comment:

  1. I prefer friend I have known the longest to "oldest"!

    ReplyDelete