Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Break in Flin Flon

Maddie and I took the bus to Flin Flon, we got in last night around 11 pm (local time). The bus is actually an awesome way to travel with a little kid - you don't have to wear a seat belt. She can get up and move around. There is a toilet right there, just waiting for you. STC is really quite clean too. And we had wifi. Plus b/c it was a Tuesday night, the bus was pretty empty so we had empty seats all around us. For awhile Maddie made her own little nest in the seat beside me. But that didn't last long, soon she was curled up in my seat. and by "my seat" I mean my half of the seat we were sharing. Yep. Snug as bugs, me and the barnacle. She did really well though and managed to squeeze in a cat nap in the last 20 minutes of the 7 hour journey.

I forgot my camera BUT I have also recently finally caught on to Instagram on my iPad, so I'm going to use those photos on here. Not sure how they'll work out when I get this part of the blog printed, but hey, it's all a learning curve.

I went to the grocery store with my Dad today, we needed to pick up a few things b/c we baked hot cross buns yummy). I'm walking along when I hear "hey, isn't that Johnny's therapist?" I turn and look and Johnny's grandpa (name has been changed so I can keep my job). So we have a little chat. Meanwhile I'm glad I took the 5 extra minutes to comb my hair and change out of my gym pants. Never know when you're going to bump into someone.

Now I know how Justin Bieber feels.


4 comments:

  1. Lisa, she looks like you here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you ARE in small town Manitoba! Welcome back Jenny, you have obviously been gone too long if you are surprised with this chance encounter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have nice buns :) Way nicer than mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never fails when I run to the store sans make-up and in my jammie pants, I run into a patient. Usually though I see them first and can duck down a different aisle!

    ReplyDelete