Friday, April 06, 2012

Markosky Motel

The Nelson family stayed with us last night - we were finally able to meet Miss Ella.  What a beautiful little baby. This also meant Maddie had her first "sleepover" in her room with her idol, Alyssa.  Not sure how much actual "sleeping" occurred, but isn't that what a sleepover is all about? (Why don't they call it a "giggle over" or "awake over"?)  Anyway, today is a 'stay home day' so Madge and I are going to have a wee nap after I publish this post.

Tonight, or if you're picky, very (VERY) early tomorrow we will be hosting a Rock Band.  Their real name is Windowpane and they are from Seattle.  But I like to call them Rock Band.  Or Rock Stars.  Yep, it's my brush with fame.  You are all sitting here going... "WHAT?"   b/c let's face it I'm about the LAST person on earth who would have a Rock Band stay over.  True dat.  Not b/c I don't like Rock Bands, but mostly b/c I wear sensible shoes and cardigans. 

One of my oldest friends, way back to when I was about 3, is Steph and she lives in Renton (Seattle for you and me).  Her husband, Aaron, is living out his dream and touring with Windowpane for a month or so.  They are playing tonight at the Odeon (check it out, kids) and then coming to our house around 2a.m. or so to sleep for the night.  Seven men in my basement.  With the Barbie Dream House.  Will there be a blog post with photos?  Can I get a "hell yeah"?  Steph assures me they are all husbands and fathers so I'm pretty sure they are well versed in Barbie Play....but if not Madge will help them brush up on their skills. 

So.  That's what's new with The Markoskys.  Oh and Madge and I are taking the bus to Flin Flon on Tuesday. 

STC....
Yeah you know  me....

(insert image of jenn rapping in a cardigan here)







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting us stay at your motel again...best service ever. Next time I'll bake something as my payment....

    ReplyDelete