Saturday, November 12, 2011

So...I've been getting a few threatening emails, texts and a phone call lately (you people know who you are). Apparently I've been a bit overdue on posting. I don't even have a really good excuse except maybe we haven't really done anything "blogtastic" lately? I have been reading a lot of different blogs in the last little bit. Oh, and watching way too much Madmen, but that's for another day. But back to the blogs - they are great and funny and offer something and sometimes I think "really Jenn, a blog about your kid and dogs and your lists? Really?" But then I get emails saying "where the hell is the blog updates" and I think. Ok. This blog is what it is and if you read it great, and if not thats ok b/c I know Maddie will and it's really for her.

It was my turn to host Splurge the other night and I was so excited to have everyone over and sit in the basement. It's really a perfect spot for having friends over. The space seems just the right size to curl up and have a good "cluck fest" as Lara would say. That's sort of the problem with the house now - I like the house. I like the space. I just wish it was in the city. People don't want to treck All The Way Out to Warman. They think it's so far (and when I complain about that they say "B/c it IS far, Jenn"). So, just in time for winter, I'm wishing we could move into the city again. I think I'm basically waiting for the Teleport technology to catch up so the move could be quick and painless. And then I look at Morgan - she is all moved in snug as bug. Like the whole thing never happened. And I think: I could do that, I could get organized and pack up and move to the city. Sure we could. Except the whole thing makes me feel overwhelmed and tired just thinking about it. And so we stay where we are. Way out in the boonies. Far from civilization (well, far from all my friends). I'm fairly confident we'll move into the city someday...just not real sure when (or how) it will happen.

So, anyhoodle.

Winter has arrived and it came with some good "Snowman Snow". Maddie and Jason made this guy (complete with coal for eyes). I still remember making a snowman in our backyard with Pam and my dad. I should try and find that picture. Or did I post it on here already?









And our favorite winter treat: Snow Candy! Yum yum yum. My teeth hurt just looking at this picture.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I remember the snowman had arms made from real snow...not just the stick kind. I was so impressed with that!

    ReplyDelete