I spent the day home with a sick kid today. She was in bed and out cold before 7:30 which is pretty early for Miss Maddie.
Late in the afternoon she came up to me and started to crawl onto my lap.
- Mommy, I need a hug.
- Come here. What's happening that you need a hug?
- I don't know, but it keeps happening.
And that my friends, is the sound of my heart breaking. Again.
Late in the afternoon she came up to me and started to crawl onto my lap.
- Mommy, I need a hug.
- Come here. What's happening that you need a hug?
- I don't know, but it keeps happening.
And that my friends, is the sound of my heart breaking. Again.
Awwww, remember how easily a hug from your mom could make things better. Now you get to give that to her. These days most of my magically healing kisses are used on the stuffed animals or plastic trucks. This morning M came to me because his Teddy had an owie on his bum!
ReplyDelete