Yet another Painting Project.
I managed to squeak this one in just before the weather turned too cold for spray painting in the backyard. Bought this mirror at a garage sale last summer for $10. Tell me that isn't a steal. The black/blueish was a nice contrast, but I'm feeling there is enough going on down here, so I wanted something understated (and shiny). I scrubbed it down in the tub (dirty!) then hauled it out to the backyard for a good spray. I used Heritage White. There's not a whole lot of spray choices, but I really like this one and it's what I would have wanted anyway. It's like a cream. Turns out is EXACTLY like my creamy walls. Wasn't going for THAT much understated but now that it's done I think it's a happy accident.
The picture below is crap tastic, and my ego is really getting in the way of putting it up. But, everything is a process right? What I want you to see is the mirror (leaning against the wall until my Dad comes and has time to help me hang it - that thing is a beast). But also check out my picture rail. It's a built in necessity when you have a bi-level, but I like how easy it is to put stuff on. I was thinking of doing a picture collage on this wall, around the TV, but now that I have these up (I've tweaked it since this photo and I think it is looking better). Anyway, now that I've done this I will likely just keep it this way. Less hassle. Note the big flower - that's a gift from Lisa. (thanks!)
I've been felting a lot lately. I'm on a Christmas ornament roll these days. I'll take some pics and add them on here. Maybe onto the felty felt section, although frankly I have no idea how I did that the first time. Can't seem to do it again. Not sure what I'm going to do with the ornaments. They will likely end up as gifts for some lucky (?) folks. Better be on your best behavior if you want to get felt up....
Nighty night.
j

No comments:
Post a Comment