It was my dad's birthday a few weeks ago and my mom's birthday is coming up, so thought I'd thrill them both with a few golden oldies....

South Dakota, 1981. Dad and Smokey the Bear.
(Dad is on the left)
What does it mean that I can see those sandals in my minds eye clear as a bell.

South Dakota, 1981. Dad and Smokey the Bear.
(Dad is on the left)
What does it mean that I can see those sandals in my minds eye clear as a bell.

Yes folks, we traveled EVERYWHERE in a tent trailer. All the way down to Florida. We didn't take it to California. No sir. For that trip we set sail in a VW camper van. The kind where the "camp" part cranks up the top. And the horn goes "AHHHWOOOOOGAHHHH"
I see my haircut is still the same. That's reassuring. And remember those one piece short outfits....what an amazing fashion leap....until you had to go to the freakin' bathroom.

Barney, it's swell meeting you, but I really need to pull my knee highs up just a little bit higher.


You were and are the best travellers! What good memories we have of thoses summer holidays!
ReplyDeleteWanted to instill the travel bug...and it worked!
Thank you Jenn...you are the best daughter ever!
Love your Mom and Dad