Sunday, September 18, 2011


This weekend I painted.
"What did you paint, Jenn?"
Pretty much anything that would stand still.

The guy came to measure the carpets on Friday and the carpet installers are scheduled to come on Monday. TOMORROW. So, Jason sanded and sanded and sanded. Then I painted the basement again (there were a lot of touch ups), then painted the ledge a glossy white. This sounds easy, but there were many (MANY) steps in this process.

I also painted Maddie's plastic desk. This proved to be a bit trickier than I thought, and I'm about to move to spray can number three and not really sure if it's worth it. Not really sure at all.

I painted two lamps. Well, one was already painted, but I made it glossy (me likey shiny). I added another coat to the other one and also made it glossy (shiny shiny, I'm like a magpie).

But - the best part? I found this chair (right had side of picture below) at the thrift store in Warman for...wait for it... $5! Sweet. Needed some sanding to get the guck off (looks like they started to strip it and then lost steam). So I painted it red like the other two chairs so that they match. Sort of. And this chair is sturdy kids, no small feat in a thrift store chair, let me tell you.





But then this chair was brown. And really, brown all by itself.
And not in a "I'm just the brown accent chair, don't worry about me" kind of way.




So I painted him too!




Ahhh, red AND shiny. What could be better?




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jenn! We aren't cousins at all, we are sisters separated at birth! :o) I painted, sanded and stained everything in sight this summer and already have my list of things to tackle for next summer! :o)

    ReplyDelete