Hate. It. So. Much.
Anyway. Focus.
We were scheduled to arrive in Saskatoon at 3:30 today. Right now it is 7:13 and we have taken over a section of the Minneapolis airport.
Our flight home was overbooked. The airline was offering a prepaid Visa card if three passengers would get on the 10 pm flight. I would normally never go for that but its Saturday. All i had to doat home was laundry and grocery shopping. I was ok with post poning those joyful chores.
Delta gave us $500 USD per person plus vouchers for lunch and supper. Plus i didnt have to go to Superstore today. #winning
Of course we did what any other family with an almost 9 year old would do.... We took the train to Mall of America!
Now we have two hours left to kill. We are all starting to look tired. Thank goodness for airports with plenty of outlets and free wifi.
Did i mention we woke up at 5 am for our first flight? It is starting to feel like a long day. Will be so nice to go home to our own beds.
Not sure if you can see what this thing is, but it hooks onto your suitcase and then acts like a bungee cord to hold the rest of your bags. It is pure genius. My mom leant it to us and it has been a life saver (thanks, Mom!)
Ways to entertain your kid at an airport:
1. Laps on the emptyescalators
2. Running the wrong way on the moving sidewalk
3. Taking the tram around the airport





Good call. If it weren't for the fact that my kids lay down on the floor when we reached our gate in Calgary or that Alex threw the biggest tantrum I have ever seen when I took away his skittles, I would have done the same. As it was, when we boarded Matthew cried for 15 minutes (silently but still) because he was not sitting next to me. He was across the aisle and so close I could reach out and rub his back while he cried. I think they were just a smidgen done with our vacation.
ReplyDelete