Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Latest (completed) Project

Ok so I have another project on the go but it seems to not be "going". Know what I mean?  

So in the interest in instant gratification Maddy and i decided to spruce up our dressers. 

These dressers (she has the tall one, Jason has the long low one) were my Grandma's and she did not buy them at Ikea. Those puppies are solid. And they have good lines. 

Just really (really) ugly drawer pulls. 

Exhibit A

I have a dream of painting the dressers a creamy white. That may happen around the same time I finally get some epic wall paper into my room. 

Instead we went with a cheap, cheerful, and QUICK approach. 

Left over spray paint! 

First we made sure they were shiny clean and dry. 



Then we dug through the spray paint bin (of course i have a bin, you should too). 

Maddy went with "fun". 



I went with a bit more of a classic, dark walnut. (ok, true confessions: first I did a matte gold/champagne - but it looked a liiiiitle too Elton John)


Tadaaaa!

And now back to the garage to keep working on my other project. Stay tuned. 







2 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks great and I cannot wait to see the next project! You inspire to think about projects, but I haven't actually done anything with the thoughts. One day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the colorful ones!

    ReplyDelete