Sunday, August 03, 2014

August Long

We spent the weekend relaxing at my mom and dad's in Flin Flon.  

Maddy, Jason, Britt, and Dad went fishing all day yesterday.  I stayed home.  Alone.  Nothing to do but watch TV, play solitaire, read my book, sit in the sun.  It was pretty rough.  

Just before supper mom and I got the great idea to (finally) make over the two chairs and table she bought a few years ago. 

Back Story on the Table and Chairs:
- The Bessborough (beautiful old hotel, looks like a castle) was redecorating.  This meant my favorite store of all time - Great West Warehouse had all their old stuff.  Chairs, tables, bed frames, mirrors.  All of it.  Such a bargain.  I bought a beautiful mirror (hangs in my entrance) for $12.  True story.  Mom bought the two chairs and small table (all solid wood and heavy as hell for less than $85.  A STEAL.  

Fast Forward to yesterday:
Although they are sturdy and have beautiful lines, they were banged up and ugly.  Hello?  They'd been living in a hotel for who knows how many years. 

Here's a before of the chair:



Mom wanted matte black.  I thought she was bonkers.  But turns out (as usual) she was right.  She bought the fabric a few years ago so that was just sitting and waiting for us.  A quick trip to Wal Mart and we were back with enough spray paint (I think in the end we used about 4 cans). Almost $7 a can, that's $28 bucks.  We are still barely passing the $100 mark on this set.  Fabric was likely $9 a yard and I'm guessing there wasn't 1.5 yards there.  

WHO DOESNT WANT TO SPEND THIS KIND OF CASH??  That's the kind of price point I can get excited about.

(Allison, keep me in mind when you're filling that beautiful new cabin!)

Ok.  Here's the during.  Just to keep  you waiting. 


I forgot to do a before of the table.



This is a sweet little chair from the garage.  Her friend is blue and lives at my house in the spare room (aka Jenn's Hide Out)

AND....the moment you've been waiting for:

TADAAAA!


Beautiful.  Don't you wish you bought these?  



1 comment: