But not tonight! She picked a recipe out of a cookbook (Jean Pare "Kids Cooking" circa 1997) and followed it. Her inspiration? Her Chef Badge for Brownies! Yay.
By the way, her meal was very good. She made Jiffy Pizzas and even made the sauce "from scratch". True story.
In other news:
It's CRAFTING SEASON! Last Sunday I spent an afternoon at Chandra's working on my Woodland Series of hot pads. That's right kids - I'm branching out in my hotpad mania. Now I'm making owls and foxes (didn't get the fox done, ran out of sweater. Must. Go. Shopping.)
These guys aren't done, just cut and pinned. Need to sit and sew. If I get all my chores done tonight, that will be my reward.
Ok, so these chores aren't getting themselves done. Better get cracking. Top priority: LAUNDRY. Why? B/c there are things in there that I need to pack.
Pack? Why Jenn, where are you going?
I'm off to SEATTLE for the weekend (like you do). Stephanie was doing the hour countdown, but I'll make it easy and say TWO SLEEPS.
My Seattle Wish List includes (but is not limited to)
- grown up dinner with Steph and Kathy
- shoe shopping at Discount Show Warehouse (aka DSW)
- 1 hour in Hobby Lobby (or more if I can get away with it)
- 2 mugs from Starbucks (one for my friend and one for me)
So. Time to get the chores done!
bye.


Don't forget the BOOTS part of your list!
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to eat some mac and cheese at Beakers! Have fun. Oh and by the way, love the surprise for Maddy's lunch. I an sure she will be surprised. I started cooking around her age too and I still love it! Way to go
ReplyDeleteI remember how exciting it was to get one of those badges!
ReplyDelete