I feel like that must be what this is. I think we are ready, or sort of ready. As ready as we can be and still live in the house. The fridge is basically empty, the cupboards are bare. We have a few dishes. It's kind of a holding pattern.
We are accidentally doing the move in two stages. We get possession of the house on Wednesday at noon. We have this storage been that has been sitting in our driveway since November. Can you say "eye sore"? Anyway, that thing is some kind of bottomless pit. In the end it held about 80% of all of our boxes. Great. Except the movers don't unload until Saturday. They would unload it for, but that will mean it will be in the way. In the way of all of our heavy furniture and our giant eleventy billion pound piano. So we are going to unload that damn bin on Wednesday night and the "bin people" (wonderful people really, the company is called S.A.F.E. Storage and I would recommend them to ANYONE). Anyway they will come and get the bin on Thursday. Freeing up space for the moving truck for Saturday.
Membah how I said "we" are unloading it? Once again, I find myself surrounded by wonderful people. Steph says you reap what you sow, but I still call myself just plain lucky to have amazing friends who would come out on a winter evening (hells yes, it's STILL winter here) and unload our bin. All with the promise of my unending love and some crappy pizza. Good people.
In other news:
Bosco has basically lost his voice. I'm not sure if there is permanent damage. Try getting a beagle to understand the concept of vocal rest. Not really working.
Sammy has decided her hind leg is hurt. She is now a tripod, and the good news is she's getting faster. She can do stairs now. Although she prefers her food in bed. But she did that before becoming a tripod.
Maddie's report card came home today. Once again we are very proud of our little girl.
There, now you're all caught up.
j
We are accidentally doing the move in two stages. We get possession of the house on Wednesday at noon. We have this storage been that has been sitting in our driveway since November. Can you say "eye sore"? Anyway, that thing is some kind of bottomless pit. In the end it held about 80% of all of our boxes. Great. Except the movers don't unload until Saturday. They would unload it for, but that will mean it will be in the way. In the way of all of our heavy furniture and our giant eleventy billion pound piano. So we are going to unload that damn bin on Wednesday night and the "bin people" (wonderful people really, the company is called S.A.F.E. Storage and I would recommend them to ANYONE). Anyway they will come and get the bin on Thursday. Freeing up space for the moving truck for Saturday.
Membah how I said "we" are unloading it? Once again, I find myself surrounded by wonderful people. Steph says you reap what you sow, but I still call myself just plain lucky to have amazing friends who would come out on a winter evening (hells yes, it's STILL winter here) and unload our bin. All with the promise of my unending love and some crappy pizza. Good people.
In other news:
Bosco has basically lost his voice. I'm not sure if there is permanent damage. Try getting a beagle to understand the concept of vocal rest. Not really working.
Sammy has decided her hind leg is hurt. She is now a tripod, and the good news is she's getting faster. She can do stairs now. Although she prefers her food in bed. But she did that before becoming a tripod.
Maddie's report card came home today. Once again we are very proud of our little girl.
There, now you're all caught up.
j
Wow now thats a full plate. Wish I could be there to help in whatever way. Good luck with it all, I'll be thinking about you.
ReplyDelete