Yesterday I saw this quote on my client's iPad. I can't get it out of my head. It is my mantra this week.
I've been feeling intimidated by a group I volunteer with. It's a ridiculous head game and cognitively I know I shouldn't get sucked in. I shouldn't be intimidated. We all have skills and strengths and I can simply learn from someone else. So that's what I know in my BRAIN, but my (what is that part of you that doubts everything? my mind?) so anyway, in my mind I still struggle to not get sucked in and feel like I am less b/c I blow bubbles for a living.
I am working through it, don't you worry. And this quote is helping.

You are the best of the best. You are a wonderful original!
ReplyDeleteNot sure how much bubble blowing you do in your typical work day but maybe its time to think of some other fun ways to help your clients learn and still keep your day light and manageable.
ReplyDeleteNo seriously, when I talk about you to people down here and say "my friend Jenn the speech pathologist", it feels awesome to know I have such an intelligent, learned, successful friend. And that doesn't even let them in on how funny and stylish and fantastic you really are. I don't know who these people are that you are volunteering with but if they have even a tenth of your amazing talents and brains they can count themselves lucky. And they should count themselves lucky to have you.