Saturday, September 22, 2012

Company

One of the best things about living in Saskatoon is we seem to be "on the way" for lots of our friends and family.

Daniel, Colleen's son, went to Roblin this past week to go goose hunting with his poppa (you might know him better as "Grandpa Pollock").  It was time to go home, so everybody met halfway at our place and stayed for coffee this afternon.  I loved it.  I love having a house full of people who feel like family.  I especially loved that it was a total gong show when they arrived (we had just got home, were scarfing lunch, groceries EVERYWHERE) and it was completely ok.  They didn't even bat an eye.  That's the kind of company I love.

The good part about that is that most of my company is that way these days. I've managed to weed out the people who would get their nose out of joint if they stopped by and my house was a dissaster.  Don't need 'em.  

So we had a great visit, Colleen brought treats for the Beags and they were thrilled.  Last week, when Daniel was heading to Roblin Colleen brought Maddie her Very First Boy Poster.  Colleen (brilliantly) suggested that the best place to hang a poster like this is on the back of your door.  AMEN.


2 comments:

  1. did grandma pollock bring any goodies with her that i should know about ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo jealous that you are on their way and not on my way to anywhere. I know they love stopping there as much as you love having them.

    ReplyDelete