Monday, July 02, 2012

a bump in the night?

More like a loud freakin' bang.

Let me back up. We went home this weekend, arrived pretty late on friday night. Maddie went straight to bed and was sound asleep. I had some music playing in our room (she slept on a mat on the floor beside our bed) as well as the fan. As I was settling in for the night I could hear coyotes.

I says to myself: Jeepers, they are loud, I can hear them over the music and fan. Hmmm. Just as I turn the music off (so I can listen) I hear BANG.

Ken has shot the rifle into the air. (Shot gun? I don't really know the difference in sound. Probably shot gun?)

Anyhoodle. Maddie just kept on sleeping. I came out to see what was going on and Ken said the coyotes were pretty much right outside their bedroom patio doors. A little too close. But we didn't hear another peep from them after that.

Sammy, as you know, does not like many things. Her list includes (but is not limited to) hot air balloons, full moons, fireworks, thunder, yelling. Friday night we added gunshots to her list.

She spent the rest of the night tucked in safe and sound under one of Marion's brass and glass tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment