Wednesday, July 18, 2012

As you know,

We love Pike Lake.  It's perfect - it is close to the city (45 min from our house, 20 min from wal mart if all hell breaks loose), there is a lake OR a pool, min golf, a little store, and the greatest, yet most simple cabins ever.  They are like tents with walls, beds, and a fridge. 

We went twice last summer and promptly booked in for two weekends this summer (and yes, we are booked in for next summer). 

So our first trip was a couple of weekends ago.  We went with the Spagrud Smith clan and were joined by a gaggle of good friends during the day.  It was the start of what I hope will be a bit of a tradition - good friends coming out for the day and staying for  a wiener roast.  We also did a fish fry b/c we had about 3 trillion fish fillets to share.  Won't be doing that again anytime soon.  That was a lot of fish, and a helluva lot of frying on our teeny tiny fry pans.

Anyway, Sean (friend, photographer, and misguided Tragically Hip fan) took these pictures and shared them with me.  They are fantastic and I'm so glad he took them b/c I'm pretty sure I didn't take a single picture.  It's as if the weekend didn't happen.  Most are of the hot dog roast at the end.  The little girl is Sean (and Lara's) daughter Juliette, the baby is Natalie.  I think you'll find Denver in a couple and his brother Lakai, and Morgan's Georgia.  And the cute guy with the guitar?  He was playing all my old favorites, it was the best part of the night for me.


Georgia, Lakai, Maddie, Juliette






2 comments: