We went to Roblin friday and came home late sunday. Ken and Marion (if you don't already know) operate a fish farm in the spring. They sell rainbow trout to farmers and people who want to raise fish on their own land.
It's pretty fun and, believe it or not, I really like working there. I was telling Jason last night - there is something very relaxing about a job that has a clear beginning and ending. There isn't any drama. Just scoop, count (or weigh) and pour 'em in a pail. Now we all know I'm not a fan of long term hard labour (this is why I'm an SLP after all), but I do like some short term hard work and getting dirty. I didn't actually work a whole lot this year b/c there was lots of us there.
Maddie had an absolute blast with her cousins. The three of them discovered fishing! The fish farm is right along the shore of Lake of the Prairies, and located in a popular shore fishing spot. Mackenzie caught a crayfish AND reeled in her own fish all by herself (seated in her lawn chair of course). Maddie caught "a huge fish". Lisa, did Jackson catch one? I can't remember now. Probably. Anyway, I think we have the next generation of fishing fans in our family.
I also managed to squeeze in a wonderful 4 hour coffee with Grandma Pollock. So great as always. I managed to pick up a couple of these scarves (see below). Give her a shout (or me) if you want one - she's selling them and would love to make one just for you.
So today I spent 2 hours getting the beagle out of my car. There wasn't ACTUALLY a beagle in there, but enough hair and nose prints to re-create the beagle experience. No thank you. Now Maddie and I are skipping into town to pick up some seeds and flowers and we'll get the garden plot (think "that's where she stashed the body" size) and flower beds done today I hope. Weeknights never seem to have enough time.
The house is pretty much a gong show but it's just going to have to stay that way until the next rainy day.



No comments:
Post a Comment