Tuesday, February 15, 2011




Knitting Kninja:  Emily

So...have you ever heard of "Yarn Bombing"?  My friend (Em Dawg above) and I were talking about it.  I felt bombed her with a coffee cozie (much much lamer cousin to the true yarn bomb approach).  Anyhoo, the picture above his her valentine for her husband, Kurt.  She yarn bombed a tree in a park near their house.  

If you don't believe me....here's what Wikipedia has to say.  
And remember, if you read it on The Google, it must be true.

Yarn bombingyarnbombinggraffiti knittingguerrilla knitting, or yarnstorming is a type of graffiti or street art that employs colorful displays of knitted or crocheted cloth rather than paint or chalk. While yarn installations – called yarn bombs or yarnstorms – may last for years, they are considered non-permanent, and, unlike graffiti, can be easily removed if necessary. The practice is believed to have originated in the U.S. with Texas knitters trying to find a creative way to use their leftover and unfinished knitting projects, but it has since spread worldwide.[1]


New York City



reenactment of Em Dawg's yarn bomb....


Emily's next project...



now, I've successfully yarn bombed my blog.  Awesome.

Grandma Pollock, I double dog dare you to yarn bomb something in Grandpa's boat....





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment