Dear Death,
Just a little tip: Maybe if you weren't so FREAKING PERMANENT you would be a bit more popular.
j
Maddie has been really trying to wrap her head around heaven, angels, and all that. Well, heck, so am I. Anyway, we have spent more car rides than I actually bargained for on this topic. The last conversation went a little like this:
Usually begins with a recap on just how you get up there (we have agreed that no, you do not go by car, instead you grow wings and fly up. Still stuck on the "spirit" part though).
"Mommy, will you be an angel?"
Yeah, I think I'll like to be an angel.
"But I don't want you to. I don't want to be an angel"
We won't be angels for a long time.
"But I might want to be something else"
Oh? What would you like to be?
"I don't know. (pause) I think I'll have to talk to God about that."
Just a little tip: Maybe if you weren't so FREAKING PERMANENT you would be a bit more popular.
j
Maddie has been really trying to wrap her head around heaven, angels, and all that. Well, heck, so am I. Anyway, we have spent more car rides than I actually bargained for on this topic. The last conversation went a little like this:
Usually begins with a recap on just how you get up there (we have agreed that no, you do not go by car, instead you grow wings and fly up. Still stuck on the "spirit" part though).
"Mommy, will you be an angel?"
Yeah, I think I'll like to be an angel.
"But I don't want you to. I don't want to be an angel"
We won't be angels for a long time.
"But I might want to be something else"
Oh? What would you like to be?
"I don't know. (pause) I think I'll have to talk to God about that."
No comments:
Post a Comment