Sunday, January 30, 2011



Shelley: I finally found your blog again - so I thought I'd try to give you a better shot of Maddie's barn.

To the rest of you:
The story of this painting goes a little somethin' like this...

My friend Shelley is a painter. When Maddie was born I asked her to do a painting for me. I have always loved the prairie sky right before the rain comes. When it goes such a dark blue and the fields are so gold. This is how Maddie's eyes looked until they turned brown. This deep deep blue with a ring of gold. The red barn reminds me of a favorite spot I have on the highway between Calgary and S'toon. It's also garnet, Maddie's birthstone.

I love this painting and it's meaning. Thank you Shelley.

Check out Splattered Reflections here.





Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Not nice to make your readers cry. That is a beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more than welcome, always. It's what friends are for. I love it's meaning too! It's so much more fun to paint something that means a lot to someone.

    Thanks for the plug too :o)

    ReplyDelete