Friday, January 21, 2011


And ladies and gentlemen....princesses around the world...I present you

Madeleine's Fourth Birthday Cake!






Dishes aren't done (kitchen does indeed resemble a building site). Most of my teeth are rotting from sampling too much icing. It is now officially 25 minutes past my Pumpkin Deadline (the time after which I am no long a charming and witty princess and instead drop like a fainting goat) anyway, it's past my Alert Hours, but yet I'm so happy the cake is done and doesn't look horrendous. It looks mildly horrendous up close but really people - it's cake and there is a CUP OF BUTTER in that icing.
Who gives a shit if it's not straight out of Cake Boss. I don't. ONE CUP. mmmm.


And now for the dishes (ugh).


p.s. I'm going to need some serious praise for this cake.  Feel free to post comments willy nilly.  I'm sure Jason will.

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. absolutely fantastic ~ seriously...wish I was 1/2 as talented as you!

    hayden loves it too

    Happy Birthday Madeline! Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's going to love it!!! Happy Birthday to the little princess!!! K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Perfect cake for a perfect princess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all. Feel a bit sheepish this morning about my blatant plee (is that how you spell plee? why does it look so weird?) for praise and adoration last night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic job! You out decorated Mrs Ross and I...we pass the title of the "bestest" to you Jenn!
    Love Mom and of course...Mrs Ross!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT (so many talents you have!!) and Happy B-day to miss Maddie - I can't believe she is 4 already!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I am so incredibly impressed!! I would never have even tried it. You AMAZE me. Matthew says "Happy To, Happy To, Happy To...." which is his version of Happy Birthday to You.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, after much thought (and a tip from my mom)...plea is indeed spelled PLEA. Not PLEE. Clearly icing that cake took more cognition than I had realized.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I feel like a dumbass for correcting you after you corrected yourself. Its been a long day.

    ReplyDelete