Whenever I start to look through the blogs I follow and there aren't any NEW postings, my first reaction is to grumble and whine. I mean really people - what are you doing? POST SOMETHING. But today I thought, hey Jenn - did you post today? Nope. So, here it is, in all it's glory.
I don't have a photo today, but I found this one. Madge loves to play DayCare at our place. Here are her three babes all tucked in (yes, the one on the right is wearing a helmet made of bandages - I don't have more to add on that topic). Tucking her babies in like this usually comes with a stern request that the rest of us "keep it down" b/c "her babies are sleeping". At my mom and dad's a few weeks ago she even tried to convince my mom to leave the room b/c she was being too noisy for her baby.
Well, it is New Year's Eve, so I guess it's a good time for another List.
Things I learned in 2010 (in no particular order)
1. Riding the bus to Flin Flon is an option.
2. Owning an exercise bike is not the same as USING an exercise bike. Results do not always match. Better luck next year.
3. I am a perfectionist. Which really irritates me b/c I personally don't think that I have perfected it enough to get the title of Perfectionist. But...apparently...that's the whole deal with the Big P. Hmpf.
4. Beaver Creek (hiking area south of S'toon) is likely a lot more fun when you don't have a giant stroller.
5. Going for drinks after work, although not quite the same, is just as fun as it was in 1998.
6. Jason is by far the smartest person I know. He can literally do anything, often with just a quick glance at a youtube video first. He has done 99% of our basement completely on his own. He would make one helluva Speechie, he can fix his truck, he understands politics (wtf?), he rocks at playing Barbies, and still, after 20 years - he can give me the giggles like crazy. The big question: what did I do to deserve such an amazing best friend?
7. And Maddie? All she really needs from me is my time. Sometimes that feels like so much to give, but truly, it's not and it's so worth it in the end. Each day I learn more from her than any list could ever contain.
8. Clean, organized spaces calm me. But we all knew that already, didn't we.
Happy New Year, Everyone!
and tomorrow:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JASON!

No comments:
Post a Comment