Sunday, December 16, 2007

Looks boring, doesn't it?

Apparently not.



Posted by Picasa

I put this bucket in the playroom with a lovely label on the lid: "Little People". (Now doesn't that part of the story make all you STA folks miss me even more? Who on earth is labeling everything for you now that I'm gone??) Anyway, I thought we needed a safe place for all the farm animals b/c Sammy likes to play "Coyote" and tries to eat all the sheep. Well, that bucket hasn't held a farm animal since. Instead it is the single most popular item in the playroom - second only to that IRRITATING toy to which Auntie Lisa just gave fresh batteries: arghhhh. Becoming a mother does not mean that I instantly enjoy toys that cause noise induced hearing loss. I think I need an OT consult (Kelly??) b/c noisy toys give me sensory overload. Personally, I prefer the bucket too, but as Jason would say "it won't fit on that planetoid".
(Jason has a very very small head and he is terribly jealous of my big brains.)

5 comments:

  1. in my defense i would just like to point out that the 'irritating toy' to which jenn refers to is the leap frog table that maddie and mackenzie ABSOLUTELY LOVE....dancing to the music as they play with it. a home full of babies has to have at least one irritating toy...right???? jenn's just lucky maddie is not getting one for christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu know another good inexpensive toy is pots and a wooden spoon. Can't be any worse than the leap frog thing right?? All you need is a good set of cotton ball ear plugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to have a tractor that said "Harvest Time" at an ear splitting decibel everytime you pressed the button. I would take Leap Frog table anyday. Can't you turn the volume down on those?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn,
    Maybe you can do to the leap frog what we did to the dancing and singing frog...just find some lovely green tape and...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...
    All this time Shel & I thought that our kids took after nannie and her side of the family when it came to putting plastic garbage cans/rubbermaid containers and bowls on their heads, but now we have proof that it comes from the HURST side of the family! lol

    ReplyDelete