Sunday, May 04, 2014

Someone I love very much just said goodbye to her very best girl friend.  She died this afternoon.  

She said she "left".  Not gone forever, just gone for now. 

My heart is breaking for my friend. 

I hope she has some peace with it.  

Death gives me such a panic feeling.  Not about my own death.  But about it happening to someone I love.  Like I want to scream wait wait wait wait.  I'm not ready.  Not yet.  I need more time.  

When I was in high school I think like 7 people died in about 3 years.  Sick.  7 kids.  Then my Grandma, my uncle, and my little cousin died.  All at once it seemed.  It was horrible, but I was young and invincible and I really truly didn't understand what it really meant.  20 years later and I get it.  Shit, I get it now.  




2 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your sadness and the loss your friend has to go through. It seems as if there are no words but know that you being there helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is super sad. especially because there is nothing you can do except sit by their side while their soul processes the loss and figures out how to live life from here. luckily she has lots of people to sit by her side and so do you Jenn so when you need us we will come and scream " Wait" right along with you.

    ReplyDelete