And then someone comes over and points out little things that I think are completely normal. Doesn't everyone hang their clothes by category and then colour? Ball up grocery bags into a little pkg and put them in a special bag bag? Label everything that isn't tied down?
Then it hits me: I am organized. My mom taught me how to do those things. I still fold my grocery list in half the way she did. Well, when I don't use my iPhone grocery list app...
Ok, so big surprise: I'm pretty organized. Except when I'm not. It drives me bonkers if I'm not organized. If I don't get something done on time. Or, heaven forbid, I can't find something. I usually know where things are. They have a spot and I put them there. But then there's the times when I don't. Times when I can't find something. Oh that is the worst.
But you know what is really the worst? Jason looses things only slightly more often than I do. To the untrained eye he is the complete opposite of organized. He is chaos. He is the Yin to my Yang.
He might lose things only slightly less than you do but as a Mom, you hold a multitude of things in your head in order to make sure everything goes smoothly every day. (what food Maddie's will/will not eat, what special undies need to be clean in order to get through the week, making sure you have everything under the sun in the car and ready each day, what you need to have done in order for thanksgiving and Christmas to go right (or easter and spring break depending on the time of year) where every toy and utensil is kept...) and the list goes on and on and on and on. I keep parts of my brain in separate places so I can keep track of it all. Two of my favorite places: Amazon (keeps track of all the things I need to get over time and the Notes on my iphone (which thankfully synch wit my computer). Seriously without organization us Mom's would be insane.
ReplyDelete