Sunday, June 02, 2013

Jet lag, you old friend

So here I am at midnight. Bright eyed and bushy tailed and utterly exhausted (knackered) at the same time. Managed to get Maddie and myself to sleep just before 10 but my body says "thanks for the nap, now where the hell is supper?"


Well supper was 6 hours ago and it was fabulous, by the way.  We are in Tewkesbury (said: Chewks Bree, they love a good glottal stop over here). We are here with our cousin Anne and her husband Mick. We met them on our last trip and they are fantastic. So easy to spend time with. Their town is just lovely, it's one of the communities with the most Tudor style houses. Think Henry VIII. Today we went to a castle where his last wife lived after he died. It had an amazing and huge playground which is more of the flavor of this trip. 

Maddie has been tremendous so far. I sometimes forget she is only just six years old. She has been brave and polite and energetic. And the few times when she isn't its bc she just needs a little break or a snack.   I think my mom will tell you she  is behaving better than I have on past trips as an adult!

I don't have my iPad, all of this will be on my phone. Also don't have wifi in our 500 year hotel. Henry VIII wasn't on twitter. 

So back to Anne and Mick: wonderful. They have picked us up (they even borrowed a booster seat for Maddie!) and have taken us everywhere. Fed us meals. Tomorrow they are taking us to a Boot Sale (squeeee - could I be more excited??) and a BBQ at their house. I hope they visit us in Saskatoon bc I would love to return the favour one day. 

Ok I better try sleeping again. It's 12:43 here but I won't be able to post this until morning. There is wifi where we have our breakfast. 

Night. 


  

1 comment:

  1. so not staying in tookes bary? hey ask them how to pronounce worcestershire. I need to know so I can corredt all these yanks!

    ReplyDelete