After years (YEARS?) of talking about it - the Markoskys are making their move. Lih-trahly.
Our house is for sale. Yes, it's true. Some of you thought this would NEVER happen (quit talking about it Jenn, get on it). Jason, Maddie, and I have been working like crazy and the house is now ready. It went on the market yesterday and we have a showing today at 2pm. I am of course over excited about this and getting my hopes sky high...but that's how I roll. I'll never be quite as even keel as Jason.
As with everything we do, we never actually do it alone. About a billion people helped us get this way. Some of you don't even know you helped (just selling/buying your own houses was motivation). So a giant thank you for all the help so far. Thank you for saving newspapers, thank you for watching Maddie, thank you for letting our dogs come to your house, thank you for hauling boxes and playing Tetris in our storage bin, thank you for being our unofficial realtor, and thank you for saying you'll help if we need you. It's not over yet, not by a long shot. But I feel like this is a huge milestone for a couple of Plodders (we Markoskys get things done, but it's at our own pace).
And now I have The Cleanest House in Canada. Wow. It sparkles.
For those of you who have NO IDEA what I'm talking about with all this "our house is for sale" business: here are some FAQs
Q: Where are you going?
A: Into Saskatoon, hopefully in a central neighborhood close to Maddie's school, downtown, and my work. (personally, I want to be able to walk to work. I'm not making any promises that I actually would do such a thing. Just want the option.) Or a house close enough to Lisa's that the kids can bike back and forth.
Q: Why?
A: We (me?) are SICK OF DRIVING. And spending Maddie's inheritance on gas every month.
Q: Don't you like Warman?
A: Warman is a terrific little city and we could be very happy here if we worked here and made friends here. We have not established any roots here at all b/c we work in the city and our (fabulous) friends and family are in the city. Its very important to us that Maddie goes to school with Jackson and Mackenzie. Warman is just not for us. I'll say this only once: My mom was right. (don't you hate when that happens?) Thanks for never saying "I told you so", Mom.
Q: Did you find a house?
A: No. We look all the time, but I have learned not to get my hopes up. We need to sell this house and then we will worry about finding our Home. I truly hope we can find the house that we want to live in forever. That might mean we need to rent a dinky little basement suite until we find it. (I'm sure there are LOTS of rental spaces available for a family with two charming beagles....)
That's all for now.

Congratulations!!! And with a realtor, too! Can't wait to get the updates about how it's all going.
ReplyDelete