ahh bollocks
all the other posts are lost. argh.
ok, well I'll tell you all a little story to tide you over:
so one night (maybe tuesday?) we went to see Billy Elliot. It was perfect. So fantastic and the best thing I've ever seen. Morgan you were right - I did cry: twice. The theatre was beautiful, the production amazing. And we had such perfect seats, only a row or three from the front! Mom - thank you for such a great experience.
And then the adventure started...as always, Mom and I never just travel from a to b in a humdrum way. Nope, there's always an adventure. So we were on the tube, heading home when I notice the woman across from me and beside mom is sitting quite rigid and leaning forward. I look at her, thinking maybe she is not feeling good. I have never looked into eyes like that before. I was instantly afraid. Actually terrified is a better word. When I looked into her eyes it was like a one way ticket to crazy town. I realize that is probably very offensive to mental illness, but she was beyond that - she looked, well deranged. But I thought, hey we are all people here don't get all judgy wudgy. But then she stared at mom. Like leaned forward more, turned around and had a good long look. Yep. A stop came and I thought - oh she'll get off here and we'll be fine. Only she didn't get off. So I decided we better get the hell of off the Crazy Train. I stood up, said "this is our stop" and got the hell off. And proceeded to shake like a the little sheltered leaf that I am. Mom of course, wasn't the slightest bit rattled.
So we wait for another train, it comes, we go to get on and see a well dressed man in a suit and tie leaned over and passed out with his face on the floor. So we get on the next car over. And proceed to stare at him to see if he is breathing. He was.
We finally get home and I lock all the doors. Mom just whistles in. Obviously this was just another night in the Nursing Station...But trust me, we don't see that kind of action at good ol KCC.
Long story short - we are going to the theatre again tonight (Pygmallian) so I'm sure we'll have yet another adventure.
I'll be home tomorrow. Can't wait to give Maddie and Jason and the Beags a BIG hug.
j
all the other posts are lost. argh.
ok, well I'll tell you all a little story to tide you over:
so one night (maybe tuesday?) we went to see Billy Elliot. It was perfect. So fantastic and the best thing I've ever seen. Morgan you were right - I did cry: twice. The theatre was beautiful, the production amazing. And we had such perfect seats, only a row or three from the front! Mom - thank you for such a great experience.
And then the adventure started...as always, Mom and I never just travel from a to b in a humdrum way. Nope, there's always an adventure. So we were on the tube, heading home when I notice the woman across from me and beside mom is sitting quite rigid and leaning forward. I look at her, thinking maybe she is not feeling good. I have never looked into eyes like that before. I was instantly afraid. Actually terrified is a better word. When I looked into her eyes it was like a one way ticket to crazy town. I realize that is probably very offensive to mental illness, but she was beyond that - she looked, well deranged. But I thought, hey we are all people here don't get all judgy wudgy. But then she stared at mom. Like leaned forward more, turned around and had a good long look. Yep. A stop came and I thought - oh she'll get off here and we'll be fine. Only she didn't get off. So I decided we better get the hell of off the Crazy Train. I stood up, said "this is our stop" and got the hell off. And proceeded to shake like a the little sheltered leaf that I am. Mom of course, wasn't the slightest bit rattled.
So we wait for another train, it comes, we go to get on and see a well dressed man in a suit and tie leaned over and passed out with his face on the floor. So we get on the next car over. And proceed to stare at him to see if he is breathing. He was.
We finally get home and I lock all the doors. Mom just whistles in. Obviously this was just another night in the Nursing Station...But trust me, we don't see that kind of action at good ol KCC.
Long story short - we are going to the theatre again tonight (Pygmallian) so I'm sure we'll have yet another adventure.
I'll be home tomorrow. Can't wait to give Maddie and Jason and the Beags a BIG hug.
j
No comments:
Post a Comment