Wednesday, April 06, 2011

I had SUCH a shitty day at work.  Jason tells me that this indeed is not the first time in my entire SLP life that I have felt this way...but let me tell you - it feels like the first time.

I was going to complain and whine and whinge (?) on here.  But then I remember something my mom told me once:

If you can't change something, change the way you think about it.

So that's what I'll do I guess.

And as a warm up activity I will create a list of  fabulous things that happened today:

1. At lunch I went for a walk and listened to a great podcast about successful women (Age of Persuasion)
2. Got a bear hug from Maddie
3. Jason was home when I came home and patiently listened to me gripe.
4. I'm now surrounded by beagles.
5. I got to work 10 min early and I've been at work at 8 all week
6. I had the office to myself this afternoon and nobody pestered me (this does NOT refer to anyone in particular)
7. I didn't have to wait in line at costco to get gas
8. I did the dishes and my lunch is made for tomorrow
(uh oh, starting to have to dig deep here)
9. I had conversations with three really great friends at work
10. I am starting to calm down and I feel so much better already.

Once again, thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment