Dear Readers,
I'm sure you've been missing me like crasy, so, let me catch you up on a few things...
1. Arrived Saturday night after a successful drive (by that I mean, Maddie was a Very Good Traveler - which she reminded me several times)
1.1 We arrived but discovered my bag did not arrive...this meant I had nothing except my ski pants, jacket, and shiny new mitts. No clothes, no toothbrush (etc), no goggles. No. Swim. Suit. (= no hot tub for Jenny Wenny)
1.2 Went shopping very quickly at Marks Work Wearhouse (while Lisa, Ken and Marion bought groc). Bought the bare min and have been wearing it every day since.
2.0 The snow is INSANE here. I believe Jackson referred to it as "epic". Sweet, you might say? There is a lot and it is snowing now as I speak. For example: we went down a run, got back on the chair, go all the way to the top and our tracks were almost filled in. For the first time ever I had "first tracks" on a run. So cool. AND I skied in the trees. On purpose.
2.1 The kids have been in ski school the past two days. Madge and Mackenzie go 9-12 and Jackson goes all day. Maddie is really loving it. Today they learned how to make "pizzas" and she skiied down the hill "by herself".
3.0 I was attacked by a Grizzly Bear. It was touch and go for a bit but I fought it off with my pole. Now I have one racing pole (aka bent to shit) and one regular. I ski with a limp now... And my left thumb is very swollen (ok, only a little bit swollen). I know what you're thinking: Aren't the bears cozy warm in their den, hibernating? Lisa and I thought so too. Not true and I have the bent pole and swollen thumb to prove it. Too bad Lisa couldn't get The Bear Attack on film. But really, in such a crisis situation - who has time for a camera?
Tomorrow I am hoping to wrap my camera in a cozy little towel, throw it in my backpack and take some pictures OUTSIDE of the condo. Hopefully get some of Maddie skiing. Or maybe I'll just sweet talk Lisa into letting me post some of her pictures.
Good Bye for now...

I hope you are kidding about the "bear" part! :o(
ReplyDeletePicture 1: Tony
ReplyDeletePicture 2: Lois
Pictures 3&4: Tortie