Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Warning:

The following post contains crass humour, vacant eyes, and photos of a graphic nature. Not suitable for all Blog Fans.




PC Catherine

Jason and I felt that it was necessary to document Maddie's beloved Catherine. As you may know, she has several babies, but for some reason, Catherine holds a very special place in Maddie's heart. She loves to hitch Catherine on her hip and carry her around, all the while fussing over her and "shushing" her. Maybe Catherine has colic?

Do you remember the Catherine story? Mom brought her to Maddie and originally Maddie named her Blue. But after much discussion (brainwashing?) Maddie and Grandma decided that Catherine would be a better choice. That first weekend Catherine had luxurious long brown hair (it fell off after about 48 hours). She also had lovely fake lashes (these lasted slightly longer than the hair). She arrived in a cute pink snow suit (this was the first to go). And now we are left with dear PC Catherine. Her hands and feet are attached to her cloth body with plastic zip ties (she came this way). In defense of Catherine (and Grandma) - the doll was never meant for a 2 year old. She was a display doll in a jewelry store. But Maddie needed a bigger baby for her high chair and Mom knows (as I do now) how bloody hard it is to find brunette babies. So Mom saw her and grabbed. Literally I think.

Anyway, the moment you've all been waiting for....

PC Catherine




One of our most favorite jammies for Maddie. We called these "Bag of Bones". She wore them when she was about 2 months old. Notice the diaper on the outside? Maddie put that on completely by herself. Honest.



And this picture illustrates her burr hole. And below that you will see her tattoo. I feel that this looks like a prison tattoo, but I'm not completely familiar with the symbols around prison tattoos. And Catherine isn't talking about her time spent Inside. Now, Are you ready for the next picture? Are you sure?


















Really sure?

















Yes, her head is falling off. Maddie has not seemed to notice. I'm not sure what to do. Tonight Jason and I talked about maybe asking Grandma Pollock if she could do surgery. Really, I'm not sure that the doll is worth it but MADDIE LOVES HER SO MUCH.


Oh Catherine. What will become of you?
September 2, 2009
Ok, I have to post this b/c it made me laugh out loud. When I put the blog to a book it doesn't seem to include the comments (even though they say it does). And I want this comment included...
"Poor Catharine, just when she thought she'd put all of the hard times behind her she was ripped from her life of leisure in the jewelry store and thrust into the hands of a toddler. Who knew it would be harder on the Outside? I guess this is an example of the hard choices one makes for true love (fully attached head v.s. love) I think we all know what side of the line PCC stands on." - Steph
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Poor Catharine, just when she thought she'd put all of the hard times behind her she was ripped from her life of leisure in the jewelry store and thrust into the hands of a toddler. Who knew it would be harder on the Outside? I guess this is an example of the hard choices one makes for true love (fully attached head v.s. love) I think we all know what side of the line PCC stands on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... they say 'love is blind'...

    Poor, poor Catherine!

    ReplyDelete