Sunday, April 26, 2009


Baby Bjorn:
Never before seen design.
(this was ENTIRELY Maddie's idea. She stuffed Cathrine in there and then insisted that we help her put it on. As with many things around here, Jason and I are merely innocent bystanders)




Mommy Maddie Day
I was completely inspired by Erika's recent string of Mommy and Kole days so this morning Maddie and I headed out sort of bright and early to The City. Our mission? The Mendel Art Gallery. As we Maddie and I were pulling out of the driveway both Jason and I thought it was quite possibly the single worst idea I have ever had....

Turns out we were wrong. So wrong. Maddie and I had the best day that I think we've ever had together. We explored the art gallery and she was so good and well behaved you would have thought she was the ripe old age of 4, not 2. Then we headed to the river for a quick peek (that's where this pic was taken. Allison, remember when you gave Maddie this sweater when she was 4 months and you were worried it wouldn't fit...) Then it was off to Starbucks for a delicious (one of Maddie's latest words) lunch of cookies. (I'm the mommy, I get to pick if we eat cookies for lunch). Then a bit of shopping and off we headed home. What a fabulous day.



Ok, try to peel your eyes away from the Toddler in the Cradle to take a minute to realize she's put baby knickers (what do you call those things?) over her pants. Another look from the Madeleine Spring Collection. This is my doll crib. Pretty cool.



Yesterday morning I come out to discover that Jason and Maddie are running round and round the island. Maddie is riding her "horse". What horse? Oh, that would be the white strip from our living room blind that you see.


directors note: No animals were harmed in the making of this blog.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. So nice to see updates. Your blog brings a smile to my face in a much needed time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome that the two of you got to spend a fun day together. Although I love the tiny Matthew I am looking forward to him responding to me. I love how much fun Jason and Maddie have together.

    ReplyDelete